of or pertaining to Greece, of Greek origin
native of Greece, resident of Greece
may refer to:
Anything of, from, or related to Greece
, a country in Southern Europe:
- Greeks, an ethnic group
- Greek language, a branch of the Indo-European language family
- Proto-Greek language, the assumed last common ancestor of all known varieties of Greek
- Mycenaean Greek language, most ancient attested form of the language (16th to 11th centuries BC)
- Ancient Greek, forms of the language used c. 1000–330 BC
- Koine Greek, common form of Greek spoken and written during Classical antiquity
- Medieval Greek or Byzantine Greek, language used between the Middle Ages and the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople
- Modern Greek, varieties spoken in the modern era (from 1453 AD)
- Greek alphabet, script used to write the Greek language
- Greek Orthodox Church, several Churches of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- Ancient Greece, the classical civilization centered in Greece
1. the Hellenic branch of the Indo-European family of languages
(synonym) Hellenic, Hellenic language
(hypernym) Indo-European, Indo-European language, Indo-Hittite
(hyponym) Modern Greek
(classification) Greece, Hellenic Republic, Ellas
2. a native or inhabitant of Greece
(hyponym) Achaean, Achaian
(member-holonym) Greece, Hellenic Republic, Ellas
1. of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks; "Greek mythology"; "a grecian robe"
(synonym) Grecian, Hellenic
(pertainym) Greece, Hellenic Republic, Ellas
Something unintelligible; as, it was all Greek to me.
A swindler; a knave; a cheat.
A native, or one of the people, of Greece; a Grecian; also, the language of Greece.
Of or pertaining to Greece or the Greeks; Grecian.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About